The Guide to Community Preventive Services (Community Guide) is a collection of all the evidence-based findings and recommendations of The Community Preventive Services Task Force (Task Force) .The Community Guide is a free resource designed to help local health departments make decisions by providing information on the following:
• Community preventive services, programs, and policies that have been shown to work;
• How these programs, services, and policies may fit the needs of a community; and
• Estimated costs and potential return on investment.
The Task Force has issued evidence-based findings and recommendations for more than 210 population-based interventions covering 20 topic areas and settings designed to:
• Promote healthy behaviors/reduce unhealthy behaviors
• Reduce specific diseases, injuries, or impairments
• Promote healthy behaviors in community settings